Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Boulevard...



R.T. Lim Boulevard, or simply Boulevard to the ZamboangeƱos. It's one of the places people go in the morning, for their early morning walks (or jogs), or during late afternoon, to witness the sun setting in the west.

I always find the Boulevard a memorable place. When I was younger, and the water was quite cleaner, my father would bring me during early Sundays for short swims. However, it's not safe to do it nowadays. The sea water in the area is insanitary.

The boulevard had become a witness of our trying moments... trying to be "OKEY" :). When days seemed gloomy, my friend and I would find ourselves heading to the boulevard. We just sit and watch the waves moving towards the shore, or just look straight to nothing. The horizon brought solace to our troubled minds. Sometimes, we just watched the darkness and see nothing but lights from a distance.

I miss those moments.

Everytime I come to the Boulevard, things get okey, feelings become lighter. Perhaps the waves wash away confusions and its sound brings about music of peace to the troubled. And the sunset cheers us up with the colors it paints in the sky.



Taken last September 20, 2007 (Thursday) with Dimple...

No comments: