Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dagohoy's Land... Bohol

If there's one place I wanna visit soon, it's Bohol. I have heard about places that are uniquely Bohol's. The presence of tarsiers is one of the famous attractions of Bohol, not to mention the "chocolate hills" which are again a unique attraction of the place. Now, when you visit Bohol, don't ever miss the paradise-like beaches in Panglao. Bohol also have centuries old churches. People still visit these churches not only because of their faith but also because of these churches were witnesses of Bohol's past.
Last summer, my sister had the chance to visit Bohol. So, his husband and daughter tagged along. And of course, our mother, whose origins are traced back in Tubigon, Bohol would be envious if she couldn't come along. So, I was the one left envious. I couldn't go with them because of work. But I wish I can visit the place soon and witness for myself the beauty that only Bohol can offer.

Oh, by the way, Bohol's famous hero is Francisco Dagohoy. He was known for leading a revolt against the Spaniards during his time. It was told that his rebellion started when the priest refused to accept his brother's body for burial. Dagohoy's brother died in a fight.

Baclayon Church, one of the old churches in Bohol

A beach in Panglao. Who won't enjoy the beauty, paired with serenity?

A picture of Chocolate hills

No comments: